Chair – Mr Steven Tuck (Health and Safety, Safer Recruitment)
Vice Chair – Mrs Gillian Hussey (SEN)
Headteacher – Mrs Ann Marie Kampf, DSL and Safer Recruitment
Foundation Governors – Mrs Jacqui Baker, Jonathon Rodd
and Rev Lesley Macreadie (RE and Collective Worship)
Co-opted Governors – Mr Alan Bunter,
Mr Jason Howells (Deputy Head, Assistant DSL and Safer Recruitment,
Mrs Gillian Hussey, Christine Byfield (Safeguarding), Sarah Elliott (Literacy)
Parent Governors – Mrs Olivia Sayfritz, Mr Steven Tuck
Staff Governors – Mrs Kirsty Blencowe (Assistant Head and Assistant DSL)
Clerk to the Governors – Mrs Michelle Foot
All our Governors have Level 1 Safeguarding Training and some Level 2 Safeguarding Training
Meetings this Academic Year
Monday 1st October 2018
Monday 3rd December 2018
Monday 11th February 2019
Monday 1st April 2019
Monday 15th July 2019
Monday 7th October 2019
The Governors can be contacted in writing
C/O the school or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to ‘Information’ for school policies
Why visit the school?
- To build effective relationships with the staff and children.
- To familiarise themselves with the running of the school.
- To understand the views and values of the school.
- Evaluate resources and the environment of the school.
- To fulfil their monitoring responsibilities.
- To be aware of subject development and planning.
What should the role of the Governors be?
- Remember we are not inspectors and should not make judgements about the staff’s professional practice and activities. Some Governors may be comfortable participating in the class and this is to be encouraged with the support of the class teacher. Others may wish to observe only.
How often should Governors visit?
- Governors should visit the school at least once a year as an absolute minimum. We would encourage one visit a term.
- Governors with special interests may wish to visit more regularly.
How should the visit be arranged?
- Consider the purpose of your visit.
- Agree date and time with the Headteacher. Please give at least 2 weeks’ notice if possible.
- Agree what the visit will involve and to whom you should go on arrival.
- Speak to the involved members of staff if appropriate.
- Remember visits to the school should be treated confidentially.
- If there are issues of concern to a Governor, these should be discussed first with the Headteacher.
- Visits to the school by Governors are recorded in the minutes of the next Governors’ meeting.