Chair – Mr Steven Tuck
Vice Chair – Mrs Gillian Hussey
Headteacher – Mrs Ann Marie Kampf
Foundation Governors – Mrs Jacqui Baker, Mr John Walters
and Rev Lesley Macreadie
Co-opted Governors – Mr Alan Bunter,
Mr Jason Howells (Deputy Head),
Mrs Gillian Hussey, Nicola Benbow
Parent Governors – Mrs Olivia Sayfritz, Mr Steven Tuck
Staff Governors – Mrs Kirsty Blencowe
Clerk to the Governors – Mrs Michelle Foot
The Governors can be contacted in writing
C/O the school or by email to email@example.com
Please refer to ‘Information’ for school policies
Why visit the school?
- To build effective relationships with the staff and children.
- To familiarise themselves with the running of the school.
- To understand the views and values of the school.
- Evaluate resources and the environment of the school.
- To fulfil their monitoring responsibilities.
- To be aware of subject development and planning.
What should the role of the Governors be?
- Remember we are not inspectors and should not make judgements about the staff’s professional practice and activities. Some Governors may be comfortable participating in the class and this is to be encouraged with the support of the class teacher. Others may wish to observe only.
How often should Governors visit?
- Governors should visit the school at least once a year as an absolute minimum. We would encourage one visit a term.
- Governors with special interests may wish to visit more regularly.
How should the visit be arranged?
- Consider the purpose of your visit.
- Agree date and time with the Headteacher. Please give at least 2 weeks’ notice if possible.
- Agree what the visit will involve and to whom you should go on arrival.
- Speak to the involved members of staff if appropriate.
- Remember visits to the school should be treated confidentially.
- If there are issues of concern to a Governor, these should be discussed first with the Headteacher.
- Visits to the school by Governors are recorded in the minutes of the next Governors’ meeting.