Thursday 23rd June
Sports Day KS1 12.15 – 1.30pm and KS2 1.45 – 3.30pm
This year the PTA will be selling drinks and light refreshments from the PIP shed throughout the Sports Day events. We would appreciate two more volunteers to help Rachel during KS1 and Holly during KS2.
Friday 6th July
This is a big family event – do please come along if you can to see some of the children perform as well as take your chances on the hook a duck, coconut shy etc.
Come early if you want a chance to get some bargain flowers, and stay leter to get full benefit of the bbq and pimms tent!
More details will come out nearer the time, meanwhile please let us know if you can help for an hour or two before, during or after the event, or if you are able to help us with raffle prizes.
Monday 18th July
School Disco KS1 6 – 7pm and KS2 7.15 – 8.15pm
We’ve pushed the boat out this year with a super special disco – more lights, more games, more prizes. Again, more details to follow nearer the time.
Thank you to all the staff who help us with all of these events which are usually out of school hours as well as to the PTA members who plan, prepare and clear up too!
These are held both during the school day and occasionally in the evening. If you would like to come along please let us know, currently the next meetings are due 17th June and 11th July.
The Sherborne Abbey Primary School Parents’ Association is open to all parents/guardians of children attending the school
You can contact them by email :- PTA@sherborneabbey.dorset.sch.uk
- Encourages a family atmosphere by organising social functions
- Supports the education of pupils by raising funds for facilities which cannot be provided from the public purse
- Helps to maintain the morale of the school by assisting at school functions and taking on small jobs
- Keeps parents in touch with educational issues and organises meetings when necessary
- The Annual Meeting of the Association is held in September. Names of officials and committee members may be obtained from the school
- We think you will be glad to be associated with Sherborne Abbey Primary School and we look forward to working with you for the sake of our children
- National organisation for PTAs – lots of ideas for fundraising and events
Sue Spencer – Chair
Tina Dewberry – Treasurer
Ann-Marie Kampf – Headteacher
Cindy Douch – Teacher Representative